March 25, 2012

Hello, welcome to A Wellness Endeavor

Hi everyone. (Mom, Jen, Shawn.) I've started a new blog to keep track of all the stuff I'm learning about eating healthy, and I'm going to add a lot of stuff that would be included in "overall health," meaning body and mind, animals and environment. Hopefully this blog will teach you a lot, and it will be easy for me to get my messages out there.

A few months ago was the official start of my "health challenge." I went from not caring what I ate unless it hurt my stomach, to carefully planning out everything I eat and being aware of how my actions will affect everything in and around me, and I hope you will do the same. For my first post I'd like to explain why I am making a lifestyle change. Anyone who knows me knows that I love animals, and would probably say it's excessive. To me, five or six cats is nothing, crying while watching a PETA slaughter video is a normal reaction, and moving worms off the driveway before going somewhere is an old habit. I don't even like to kill spiders, so I have adopted the motto "Only eat what you would kill yourself." I would never be able to kill a cow, a pig, or a deer. (Goats, maybe, but I doubt they even taste good.) I guess you could say I've always cared about animals, and I like to do whatever I can to help them. That means not eating meat. Secondly, when my mom got sick with cancer I started learning everything I could about how to make her healthy, and I started applying those ideas to myself. So far, it's been a great trip. I've lost weight, I've been taking fewer prescriptions drugs, and I haven't gotten sick more than a couple times (whereas I normally got sick three times a week like clockwork).

Those are the two most important reasons I am becoming healthy, and I don't ever plan to stop. I want to know everything there is to know about nutrition, and I want to do everything I can for animals and nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment