August 1, 2012

Green (or should I say pink) Smoothies


I decided that since I'm off work for the month I'd make a green smoothie every day for breakfast (it's hard to do when you have to be at work at 7:30am). I've also been taking black walnut hull capsules because I may or may not have a parasite, but either way I can tell it is doing something good in there. Day 1 was a mix of watermelon (juiced, then put in blender with other ingredients), pineapple, apple, flaxseed, blueberries and spinach. I lost 3 pounds that night and kept it off. Day 2 was pineapple, banana, watermelon, strawberries, flaxseed. Today was identical to day 2 but with spinach and lettuce included, plus a shot of juiced watermelon and some kukicha tea. I must say, it is very filling, makes you feel good, and gives you a bit of energy. And the juiced watermelon is delicious, perfect for a hot summer day. I once read that watermelon is great at keeping you hydrated.

I like to mix things up and I'm not afraid to get creative with any kind of recipe, so I use what I have in the fridge and don't measure portions or take ratios into account. I just dump stuff into the blender and somehow it turns out great every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment