August 29, 2012

Soup & Peanut Butter Cups

Here's a picture of some soup I made today, using up what I had in the fridge. It has a base of vegetable bouillon cubes and tomato paste, and I put in four medium potatoes, a head of kale, half a bag of baby carrots, four red radishes, half a daikon radish, French green lentils, one can of white kidney beans, garlic, onion spice, fresh rosemary and purple basil, plus a dry leek/scallion/shallot mix. Turned out alright.



I also made some "two ingredient" peanut butter cups using all-natural peanut butter and Sander's dark chocolate fudge (which, by the way, was the only thing in the toppings aisle that didn't have high fructose corn syrup). I lined a muffin pan with cups and filled them with half peanut butter, half fudge topping, then froze them overnight. A little sticky, and they didn't freeze the whole way, so next time I plan on lining the cups with powdered sugar.


They should have turned out like these below, but I'm pretty sure this person used cake frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment