April 6, 2012

But where will I get my protein?

Ah, protein. People have been misleading us to believe we can only get it from meat. The truth is, protein appears in chickpeas, nuts, beans, tofu, etc. But it isn't the most important thing in the world, something that we need to be overly concerned with.

Protein, calcium and iron come from: beans, green veggies like brocolli, whole grains, nut butter, soy and ricemilk (the more color and variety the better)
Basically, if you're eating a variety of legumes, nuts, whole grains, veggies and fruit, you don't have to worry about anything other than B12, and there are lots of products that can give you B12, but...

As for B12, take a multivitamin or B12 supplement

Watch this Youtube video about protein... I LOVE that he mentioned how we all originated from Africa, as I've been researching that for a story I'm writing (not that it's about that, it's just something I needed to know). And Mom, he mentions how Italians live longer even by eating a lot of pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment