April 18, 2012

Clean 15 Dirty Dozen

Okay, I lied. I said I was going to post a list of what foods have what benefits, but I wanted to post this first. Here's something you should look over from time to time - the "Clean 15 and the Dirty Dozen," a list of which foods are sprayed with pesticides the most, and which are a little better.

Mull that over for a while, and then you can move on to this nice chart of seasonal produce. At some point I will go into more detail of the benefits of eating seasonally (other than the fact that it is cheaper), but for now just now that eating what's in season can help your body adjust to whatever is going on in your life better. For example, eating winter squash during the winter and watermelon in the summer. If you have time, look up macrobiotics on wikipedia.


And one more fun picture, to get you motivated.


Gwyneth also runs a website and features tasty recipes. In case you didn't know, she eats healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment