April 3, 2012

Eating right on the go

These days they make tons of healthy snacks for busy people. I like to get up at the last minute before work, which means I don't have time to make breakfast. My snacks have to be able to sit in my purse until lunch time. Take a look at this picture of some of my munchies. The only things not in this picture are veggie chips and pistachios.


You can see there are pumpkin seeds, gluten free snickerdoodle cookies, pineapple-macadamia-coconut cookies, apple chips, sardines, raspberry fig bars, gluten and wheat-free trail mix bars, dark chocolate with sea salt, gluten-free non-GMO casein and dairy-free trans fat-free peanut butter chocolate granola bars, and a can of nuts with cranberries. Half of it is from TJMaxx or Marshalls, half is from vitacost.com.

My husband and I share these things for work, but I also make him a sandwich and smoothie. The ingredients of the smoothie or green juice vary day by day. Yesterday I made a papaya, ricemilk, flaxseed and beet smoothie along with a green juice of cucumber, beet, purple carrot and nectarine. Both turned out to be hot pink. I put it in a glass jar.


Here is Dr. Oz's recipe for a breakfast muffin in a mug. Try it once when you have time, then you will know if you like it, and then you can prepare it right before leaving home.

You  will need:
1 egg, 1 packet of stevia (which you really should have on hand), 1/4 cup ground flax, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp coconut oil (which smells and tastes heavenly), 2 tsp cinnamon

Stir all these ingredients in a mug and then microwave for 50 to 55 seconds. How easy is that?

I also really like this picture I found online, which is about healthy breakfast choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment